Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ogre Power!

Sheesh. This time of year is just crazy for me. I've been so busy with work lately that writing to this blog was put on the backburner for awhile. Hopefully, things will calm down a little so that I can write more often. Anyway...

About the only fun, game-related thing I've done in the past 2 weeks involved an eBay purchase of some painted miniatures. I won an auction for a warband of 5 Ogres from the GW Dogs of War range. These were painted by Phoenix Painting Service (Oriental Dragon Trading Co.) of Hong Kong. Yep, that's right, I took my first ever plunge into buying stuff from the orient.

These babies are colorful, well detailed, and full of character. They look just fantastic in the flesh. Here are a few pictures of the Ogre boys:


And here's a shot of their heroic leader (in the center)...


Another cool thing is that these guys are on magnetic bases, which is perfect since that's exactly how I base my figures (i.e magnetically based minis on metal-atop-wood movement stands. Niiiice.

Until tomorrow, when I hopefully squeeze in a preview of things I'm eyeing at Cold Wars this coming weekend, peace to all you Ogre Lovers out there!

No comments: