Monday, October 25, 2010

Butterfly Attention Span

Sheesh! Too many things are going on in my frazzled life right now. I'm totally swamped at work. My boss is on vacation in the Caribbean and I'm juggling the work that he usually does along with my own day-to-day stuff (which includes starting the design on a brand new project). Overtime is foisting itself upon me like an unwanted guest.

In the little spare time I do have, I'm utterly unfocused. I had been watching the Fightin' Phillies in the MLB playoffs, but to my grave disappointment, they blew it thanks to a complete lack of clutch-hitting and lost the NLCS to the underdog Giants. Blech! At least I now have some extra time in the evenings to do...

Painting perhaps? I've started a miniature painting project, doing 2 regiments of Swiss Gnome arquebusiers, but it has been interrupted by constant starts and stops. It's hard finding a 3-hour chunk of time to break out the pots and slap some paint. Gotta get back to it, because these minis are KEWL with a capital K. But Halloween is upon us and that means holiday prep...

I setup a giant, inflatable 8-foot spider in my front garden for Halloween, which will hopefully scare the bejesus out of any little kids who come to my house on Trick or Treat Night.

Also.... I'm in the middle of reading a hilarious book called Achtung Schweinhund about one man's obsession with miniatures wargaming (a.k.a. toy soldiers). I'm lucky if I get to read 2 chapters a week, primarily because...

I'm trying to find time to squeeze in revisions to the latest edition of my core playtest rulebook for Sword of Severnia, the miniature wargame that I'm designing. I've spent 20 hours on that over the past 4-5 weekends, but it still isn't near done. So instead...

I'm planning a trip to the Fall In convention in Lancaster, PA over the OCT 29 thru OCT 31 weekend to get my miniature wargaming juices flowing full throttle again. I'm really looking forward to it and hope to buy some shiny new toys. More stuff to paint? Maybe. Some cool pro-painted minis from Evil Bob's or the Toy Soldier Gallery? Perhaps, although don't tell my wife. Digging thru the wares in the hopes of finding super-cool treasure in the Flea Market? Definitely.

Oh and Hershey Bears Hockey has started. Anna and I went to our first game last Saturday (OCT 23). The Bears pasted the Phantoms 5 to 1. Niiiice.

And there's also..... well more stuff. I won't bore you. Suffice it to say that my attention span is that of a butterfly right now. Make that a drunken butterfly in a field full of flowers.

It happens. I just hope I can recover soon.

No comments: